My First Blog

I have decided to start writing a blog about my life, I can not promise it will always be interesting, but its more for me than it is for you ;)

So....I have been reading Bridget Jones "Mad about the Boy" the last book in the series, its very sad and I have been reading it at work to pass the time. The only thing is when I get to a sad bit I usually get a call so I have to stop welling up and answer the call! 

Working at the vets has opened my eyes, I didn't really know what to expect, I just thought "Well I love animals and I always watch those animal rescue shows, it'll be great!"
How wrong I was, it was a culture shock and the first few weeks I really didn't think I could last. Its better now, some of the things I have seen I wish I could un-see......Animals don't know your helping them or injecting them for their own good, so they cower when you open their kennel doors :C
But its very interesting, I haven't decided if I want to become a veterinary nurse or a vet or go to Uni and study Zoology.
But I really don't like Zoo's, well I do and I don't, I love that I can see an animal that isn't native to this country, but then I just think they should all be wild and free, not for our amusement. London Zoo call themselves a "Scientific Zoo" they say they are helping to conserve and study the animals in their zoos. But when I went there on Saturday 19th October, most of the lizards were scratching against the glass, they should not be wasting energy. They usually just bask and move around only when needed. A very fat man was laughing and got his children to point and stare at the lizards saying "Look their waving at us". That disgusts me, but what disgusts me more is that I was there, watching these poor lizards wanting to escape and having paid to get in I am funding this tournament.
The worst enclosure was the rattle snakes, it was made to look like an old American barn, the floor was planks of wood, they had cow bow boots and metal tools to make it look "Authentic" for the visitors. The Rattle Snake enclosure should be dusty with rocks and un-leafy plants. 
We bought the most expensive lunch in the world from the shit customer service London Zoo Cafe. The cake was terrible and all these little pigeons were walking around and wanting to be fed, so.......
I Dropped the entire cake on the floor and about 20 pigeons all went to town on the cake :)
Me and Josh couldn't stop laughing, "You've been pigeon Bombed"
When me and Josh left the zoo a man came over to us and asked if we could complete a questionnaire. I can't understand why people don't want to answer questionnaires? Its for our benefit, if you don't give your view then somebody else will, the same with the vote if you don't vote then someone else will? 

Last Thursday an emergency came into the vets, a tiny 3/4 month kitten with its bone sticking out of its leg :C Poor thing but we luckily stitched it up and the little kitten went home that Evening :)

Comments